Directions to clear for athletics - students are required to complete the entire process each school year.
- A yearly physical examination is needed in order to be cleared. Please remember that physicals are valid for 365 days from the date of the exam - upload your signed copy of the physical completed by your physician when prompted in the clearance digital registration process (see below). MDs, DOs, and Nurse Practitioners are the only ones permitted to complete this form. CVS Minute Clinic and Exer Urgent Care are alternate options and usually do not require an appointment.
- Click here to download the physical form
- Visit www.AthleticClearance.com via a desktop computer (not mobile device) and choose CA (California).
- Log in with the same username (email) and password from the previous school year if you have an account or created an account if this is your first time using this site.
- Select “Start Clearance Here!” to start the process
- Choose the Year “2021-22”.
- Choose “La Canada- CIF-SS” as your School and then choose one sport the student will be trying out for. If you are clearing for more than one sport, you will be able to indicate at the end on the confirmation page.
- Student Info: Choose the name of the student you are clearing from the “Student already in the system” drop down or add the information if this is your first time.
- Review all required fields for Student Information, physician information and educational history and click save.
- Upload your completed Physical Form and insurance card.
- Medical History: Please answer all questions. If you answer yes, you will be prompted to elaborate and when you are done click save.
- Parent/ Guardian Info.: Select Parent/Guardian from the dropdown menu or add your information if you are new or review all required fields. Answer the question about college recruiting and click submit.
- Signatures: You will need your child with you at this point. Electronic signatures are required. Please be aware that the top section is for parents and the bottom for students. After electronically signing press submit.
- La Canada Donation/Shop: This is where you will pay your transportation fees. You can choose the number of sports you plan on playing. If you click on “buy now” it will take you to “Paypal”.
- The Confirmation Page: Once you reach the Confirmation Message, you can indicate all of the sports you would like to be cleared for by clicking on the applicable sport/s at the end of the page.
- At this point, your clearance needs to be reviewed by the Athletic Department and will appear cleared in the system after that takes place.